Thursday, June 28, 2012

Where the Rain is Born by Anita Nair

           I came across this book a long time ago when I was in college. I loved it so much that I used to carry it around a lot. 
It is a collection of works of famous authors like Balachandran Chullikad, Alexander Frater,Shashi Tharoor,V.K. Madhavankutti, Thakazhi Sivasankara Pillai, William Dalrymple, Vaikom Muhammed Basheer, Ammu Joseh, O.V. Vijayan, Pankaj Mishra,C.V. Raman Pillai, Jeet Thayil, Jayanth Kodkani,M.T. Vasudevan Nair,Suresh Menon,Ayyappa Panikker, Salman Rushdie, Lalithambika Antharjanam, Paul Zacharia, Ravi Menon, M. Mukundan, Arundhathi Roy,
Jaishree Mishra,Vijay nambeesan,Ramachandra Guha,David Davidar,Geeta Doctor,C.P. Surendran, Kamala Das,Bill Aitken,Shashi Warrier,Shreekumar Varma and Anita Nair.

You can find parts of famous novels or poems or short stories in this book. The theme in every chapter is the ‘Rain in Kerala’. The beautiful… so beautiful rain in Kerala.
I was keeping this post in the ‘draft’ for some time because I wanted to post it when it is raining outside.
Today the rain started in the morning. It was fun to walk on the rain-soaked streets. I usually go by a Volvo bus to office. It was beautiful to watch the rain through the glass windows of the bus. I took some photos with my mobile phone camera. But it is not that clear.
The rain is celebrating life. The new grass blades which rejoices in the falling rain also is celebrating life. And we are celebrating rain here. The Monsoon which comes as a boon has lost some of its beauty over the years. But it still keeps our imagination alive and forces us to move on… live and celebrate…
Try reading this book... and enjoy the rains….


                                                           

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lekshmy, thanks for sharing! I am waiting for the pictures from your rainy land still :))

    ReplyDelete