Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My Buddha Statue...

I bought this beautiful Buddha statue in early April. The face is so peaceful…
 
So the statue needed a peaceful background also. So I converted the top shelf of the corner stand for this statue.
A dead banyan tree (bonsai) was sitting in my yard for some time. So I decided to use that and some dry flowers which I got from Kodaikanal (a lovely hill station in TamilNadu). Then some fish-tank-pebbles and Lucky bamboo added more texture to the scene.  
  
           The tree of tranquility was created using the dry bonsai tree and yellow dry flowers. The seeds in the center of the flower were taken out so that they will not fall out later. Then the flowers were tied to the branches using golden thread. I didn’t varnish the tree because I want to keep the rough natural look. 




 

      The Hangings were made of fish-tank-pebbles. These are attractive glass pebbles of the shape of Sun, Moon, stars and sea-shells. I used some metal wire (Silver color) to tie the pebbles together without piercing the pebbles.


      What is a serene scene without some green color in it? So I used a green bottle filled with lucky bamboo in the background. 
           Then filled an old wooden bowl with rough pebbles and placed the Buddha statue on top of it. 
  
      Arranged it on the corner stand. Here is the final product…


The lighting is very low in our room. So the picture is not that much clear.
And I know that the background paint color is not matching with this arrangement. But I can’t find any other place to put the tree and the statue.



No comments:

Post a Comment